Hmmmm.... !!! Finding an ideal job is a dream which a job seeker can achieve only if he is determined. Building a right career is like building our home, with our own architecture that suits our requirements. Here are the Tips on how to land the job that is perfect for you.
How to find job vacancies or employment opportunities?
Best way to find perfect job is though
- Business Network
- Personal Network
- Social Networking sites
- Job Sites
- Search Engines
- Advertisements in newspapers
- Online Advertisements
- Employment agency
- Job Fair
- Job Oriented Training Institute
How to do Research on Vacancy/Company?
Finding out the company’s
- Full Name
- Corporate Office and Its locations
- Business Profile (Products/Services/Consulting)
- Stock price (If public limited Company)
- Name of Chief Executive
- Major competitors
- Strengths and Weaknesses
How to apply for the job vacancies?
- By submitting Resume/CV in person at the Company
- By Cold calling or Emailing the company’s HR/Recruiter
- By Responding to the Company’s requirement as mentioned First section
How to get selected in the interview process?
- A Resume is the communication between a jobseeker and an Employer. Therefore a good resume will fetch you a good job.
- During the interview process, interviewers usually look for persons who they believe will be best for the job and work environment.
- As a general principle, the most desirable qualities that all employers like to see in their employees are
- Good communication skills
- Good track record
- Comfortable with the Company’s Environment
- First, greeting the interviewer with his name is very important.
- Do not forget to know about the organization before attending the interview.
- Carefully listen to the questions asked by the interviewer without interrupting him/her.
- Be loud and clear while answering.
- It’s very important to maintain eye contact with the panel members.
- Be self confident.
- Have focus on your language and pronunciation of each and every word.
- While saying about you always start with a brief personal and educational background.
- Tell about your strengths and career aspirations and how you can work in achieving the goal.
- Prove how you can work under pressure and perform the task given.
- If asked about the weakness, never say to the interviewer that you do not have any weakness.
- Be Honest if you do not know the answer.
- Never get into argument with the interviewer.
- The interview may occur in quite a few rounds until the interviewer/employer is satisfied with the job seeker’s answers/profile and offers the job to the job seeker.