(Complete Information about Voter ID Registration for First-time voters)
Why should you vote?
India is the largest democracy in the world. Your vote is your voice. If you don’t exercise the right to vote, you’ll be a hypocrite when you complain about politics. Voting is our chance to make a difference in our own lives and within the world.
18 years of age
Required Documents (Softcopies required for Online submission):
Latest Passport Sized Photograph
Age proof (Any one of the following)
- High School Certificate / SSLC Mark Sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Passport/PAN Card
- Driving License
Address proof (Any one of the following)
- Ration card
- Driving License
- Telephone bill or Electricity bill
Step by Step Procedure for Voter ID Card
There are two ways of applying for Voter ID Card
- Voter ID Card Online Registration
- Submission of Form 6 directly at EPIC Office
Method-1: Voter ID Card Online Registration
How to apply for Voter ID Card online?
You have to register at Election Commission of India (ECI)’s Official Website. Here you need to submit your mobile number. You will receive Application ID instantly.
You need to fill the following details.
- Name (With Documentary Proof)
- Age (With Documentary Proof)
- Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof)
- Place of Birth, Relation’s Name
- Place of Ordinary Residence
- Details of Family Members Already Included in the Electoral Roll
- You have to upload the soft copies of required document proofs (mentioned above) and submit.
- The Booth Level Officer for your area shall visit you at the residence that you have given and Confirms that you actually reside at the address mentioned by you in Form-6 and Verifies your photograph with you in person.
- After your application has been accepted, your name and other details will be included in the Electoral Roll.
- The EPIC or Voter Identity Card for all the first time applicants whose applications have been accepted shall be handed over at your nearest ERO/EPIC Office.
- The Application ID may be preserved for knowing the application status.
- You can track your application using your nearest ERO official websites.
Method-2: Submission of Form 6 directly at EPIC Office
- You can take the print out the following form, fill it, and stick one passport size photograph on the space given.
- Attach required documents as mentioned above, sign and submit at your nearest ERO/EPIC Office.
Voting is your only chance to make your voice heard. So, Please vote.