HOW TO choose and buy a Mobile Phone?
To help you do more.
HOW TO select a new Mobile phone?
Could we go a day without using our Mobile? Mobiles have a major impact on our lives and the way that we perform everyday tasks. It has also enabled families, friends and Business to keep in closer touch with each other. With a wide range of Mobile Companies flooding the market, it becomes a little difficult to select the best from all the different mobile phone models available. This article will surely help you to decide which phone suits you the best.
Determine what you need and what type of main features are you looking for?
- CDMA: In CDMA, more space left for data transfer. So, it is the most ideal technology for the 3G/Internet. But, only 14% of the worldwide market goes to CDMA. Recent study says that CDMA evolution ground is wider and in a few years it will be superior to GSM.
- GSM: GSM is the most preferred mobile network technology in the world, with 73% of the worldwide market. It is more secure, more advanced and it uses a SIM chip.
Battery life is one of the most important considerations when choosing a mobile. While manufacturers make lots of promises about a phone's battery life, the rated times don't always hold true to real-world use. So, we should aware of the following types and always make sure the phone has a long talk time and standby time.
These are four types of batteries available
- Nickel Cadmium (NiCd): Smaller, lighter and have a much higher energy density. But the main disadvantage is as the cell temperature rises, the internal resistance falls.
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH): A NiMH battery can have two to three times the capacity of an equivalent size nickel–cadmium battery. But a stored NiMH battery will lose charge more quickly.
- Lithium Ion (Li-ion): No memory effect. Self-discharge rate of approximately 5-10% per month, compared to over 30% per month in common nickel metal hydride batteries. But Battery life is not that good.
- Lithium Ion Polymer (Li-Po): Less expensive but the major risk factor is the volatility. When punctured, Li-Po batteries react quickly by smoking and causing large fires.
- Android: Highly competitive and very successful in gaining share and user admiration. However, most Android phones share a common denominator in terms of Home button, Menu button, Back button and Find Button.
- Symbian: It has largest share in mobile OS market worldwide. It is now available on most of the high end nokia models.
- Blackberry: It suits well for business people.
- Windows: It includes full integration of Microsoft services. Windows Phone 7 introduces a modern one that seems to have a lot of potential with minimum hardware requirements.
- IOS- The iPhone: The IOS GUI is best among all other OS in the current market.
- 4G: It is a successor to the 3G and 2G families of standards. The current versions of these technologies provide High data rates of 144 Mbit/s -100 Mbit/s. Don’t get really excited as it will take some time for 4G to come into our country, so till then we will enjoy with 3G services.
- 3G: You will get the best speeds (upto 28 Mbps), fastest download and upload and most widespread pan-India coverage.
- GPRS/2.5G: It provides moderate-speed data transfer and provides data rates of 56-114 kbit/second which is very less compared to 3G
It is a mechanism for wirelessly connecting electronic devices.You can access the Internet, share files, and even use your Printer, Desktop computer, Laptop, video game console, Mobile phones, and digital audio player.
PC Connectivity: There are three ways to connect your mobile with your computer or Laptop.
- USB/ Data cable (with PC Suite for more features )
Camera and Multimedia Features
Most camera phones are simpler than separate digital cameras. But the advantages are cost and compactness. The most important features which we should check are the resolution (megapixels), lens focus type (automatic/fixed), flash(LED/xenon), optical zoom and video mode(frames per second).
Touch screen Or Key pad
Choose Touch screen Or Key pad based on your texting needs.
Style: With eye-catching looks, mobile phones have never been as stylish as they are right now. There are three types of styles.
- Bar: It has the screen and keypad all on one face. This type is widely used in the current market.
- Sliding: It is to allow the user to take advantage of full physical keypad without sacrificing portability.
- Flip: When flipped close, the phone can become much smaller and more portable.
Make a budget: You can save a lot on your mobile purchase, if you preplan your budget before purchasing.
Before taking final decision on buying a mobile, take the time to do a little research by reading online reviews and ask a friend or a colleague who is using the same model.
Most of the Company Showrooms don’t give you the ability to negotiate but other small authorized mobile showrooms often will if you negotiate them.
How to apply for passport in Bangalore through online?
How to learn Kannada?
How to get Gas Connection in Bangalore?
How to obtain a Driving Licence in Bangalore?
How to file Income tax return online?
How to Protect your computer from Viruses and Hackers?
How to get a Voter ID card in Bangalore?
How to get Aadhaar in Bangalore?